JackedPack Blog - Epic Fitness & Nutrition Tips
Meathead Meals #2 Breakfast Of Diesels
By Evan Clark, NSCA-CPT
If you haven’t noticed already, we love eggs. They are the perfect morning protein source. In fact, if we happened upon a chicken in the wilderness, in a survival situation, 10 times out of 10 we would wait to see if that chicken could lay eggs before we ate it. Eggs mix well with a plethora of different sauces, salsas, veggies, meats, dairy, rices, etc. We also love milk or “Cow Juice” as it is called in many cultures around the world. Milk is essentially the elixir of life. It is stocked full of casein protein, a slow absorbing protein that your muscles absorb slowly throughout the day. We here at JackedPack prefer “Cow Juice”, but we also love “Goat Juice”, “Buffalo Juice”, “Whale Juice”, “Rhino Juice”, “Moose Juice” and of course, “Polar Bear Juice”, which is illegal in 53 states. If you are a morning cereal person, just remember, IF THE MILK AIN”T WHOLE, DON’T PUT IT IN THE BOWL. It’s bulk season year round, let’s get serious.
If you have time in the morning to prepare a real breakfast, here is a recipe for two of the most diesel, delicious, filling, muscle-bulging, and “I’m going to have a perfect day”-boosting omelettes. Cap them off with a nice full glass of whole milk, some toast and breakfast potatoes and your muscle will be bulging with joy for the rest of the day… we guarantee it.
Standard Omelette Prep:
1. Saute-up those veggies with the spices and meat into a smorgasbord of flavor and love. Meathead-Tip: Cook the bacon first and keep to the side. Use the same pan without washing (the grease adds flavor and you won’t have to use butter or oil to prevent sticking).
2. Scramble the eggs in a bowl and add to the pan as the veggies are starting to look nice and ready (listen to them talk and sizzle, they’ll let you know when they’re ready).
3. When the egg is almost done cooking, throw on the cheese (shredded or sliced thick, it’s your own destiny, you decide).
4. Put on a plate and slice up some avocado on top and you have created edible glory.
Omelette 1: “The Atomic Bomblette”
- 4 Eggs (scrambled) – We’ve ranted enough about the benefits of egg yolks. Do it.
- Ham (diced) – What kind of pig knows karate? A pork chop!
- Turkey (diced) – Turkeys are like chickens on steroids… delicious chickens on steroids
- Bacon – Honestly, words cannot describe our love for bacon
- Sharp cheddar (shredded) – Let’s get crazy, make it as sharp as Tom Cruise’s kitana in “The Last Samurai”
- Onion (diced) - If you cry dicing this baby up, go watch “Pumping Iron” or an episode of “Walker, Texas Ranger” and learn how a true champ carries himself
- Tomato (diced) – Tomatoes have so many antioxidants. They crush free radicals like you’ll be crushing the weights
- Baby Spinach – Popeye’s favorite pre-workout supplement
- Avocado – The Aztec word for avocado was ahuacatl, which means “testicle tree”. Avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit
- Salt & Pepper – Ebony and Ivory, living in perfect harmony
Omelette 2: “The Spanish Eggs-quisition”
- 4 Eggs (scrambled) - ¡Quatro huevos para todos! ¡La mejor comida del mundo!
- Mexican Chorizo – A scrumptious meat medley made from all sorts of different pork product, usually seasoned with chili peppers
- Onions (Sliced Fajita style) – Onions are toxic to cats and dogs… good thing we are Clydesdales
- Green/Red Chilis/Peppers (Sliced Fajita Style)- Mmmm Mmmm that’s a good chili
- Black Beans – Beans Beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot, The more you toot, the better you feel, so lets eat beans for every meal!
- Salsa/Hot Sauce – Salsa and Hot Sauce are more important than 8 out of 9 food groups
- Avocado – These babies have more potassium than bananas!
- Cumin – The most satisfying spice in the cabinet
- Cilantro – Strong and pungent, just how we like our workouts
- Shredded PepperJack Cheese – Cheese with peppers, like a piñata at Christmas